Servings: 3 people
Ready in: 30 min.
Lazy vareniki is a traditional Ukrainian dish. They are called lazy, while they demand less cooking time and efforts than traditional ones.
It is nothing else, but boiled dough mixed with stuffing – mostly curd. Lazy vareniki can be also made with potatoes, meat or mushrooms.
Depending on stuffing they may be salty or sweet. Both are served with sour cream, though. In addition, sweet vareniki are sprinkled with icing sugar or poured over with syrup. It is healthy, fast, and tasty breakfast.
Cottage cheese (Tvorog) 250 g
Egg 1 piece
Dairy butter 50 gr.
Flour 4 tablespoons
Sugar 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Sour cream 200 gr.
Stages of cooking:
- Combine the sugar, salt and eggs.
- Add the cottage cheese, and stir well.
- Add the flour.
- Put the dough on the flat working surface powdered with flour.
- Knead the dough and make a roll.
- Cut the roll into small pieces.
- Put these pieces in the boiling water, and cook until they come to the surface (2-3 mins).
- Serve the vareniki on the plate dressed with butter and sour cream.